Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh Mia

Mia Michaels is amazing. I love most of her numbers on So You Think You Can Dance and I think she has a winner with Katee and Joshua's first number from last night's show. Here is the run down for those unfortunates who missed the show.

Will and Jessica started of the show and once again I felt like Jessica was holding Will back. He is so fluid and has so much energy. Their second number was a bit racy but for the first time I thought Jessica was holding her own, perhaps it will be enough to save them from the bottom.

Next up was the newly formed couple of Comfort and Thane. Now I admit I was a little hard on them and predicted they would fare no better with their new partner than with the old but I think I was wrong. Both of their numbers had much better chemistry and it was just better. But ... yes the big but I think it is too little too late, so I am predicting they they will be in the bottom three.

Next up Kourtni and Matt. Can I say I love Matt and Kourtni they are so cute and I like them but (oh brother here it comes again) it was just not good. The hip hop routine was really not good and I don't even know what I am talking about I just felt it was quite there. And to make matters worse I don't even remember what they did as a second number all I can say is that is not good. I predict they will also be in the bottom.

Then came my favorite couple from last week. Mark and Chelsie. I love them. I think they are so fun and interesting together. I read a blogger that said they are the perfect ying/yang. I agree. There first number was fun and upbeat and they have great chemistry. Their second number a quick foxtrot was great. Even Mary liked it. I think (as do some of the judges) they are the couple to beat.

Again I have divided loyalties here. I love Twitch and I think Kherington is a great dancer she just rubs me wrong sometimes. But I have to admit both of their numbers were pretty fantastic. I didn't dig the first one, the Paso Double (I have no idea if I spelled that right) is ok for me, just ok but the Mia Michaels creation can I say I liked it very much. Yes I did.

We are going to skip Katee and Joshua for a minute and go to Courtney and Gev. The first hip hop number thing did not like Courtey at all which was completely against what the judges liked. She is cute and smiley and charming but the number came off (what did Nigel say, Cinderella getting dirty) ... DID NOT LIKE IT. I thought Gev was fine, good ok but they didn't like him. Me and the judges so did not get along on this one. Their second number was ok for me too but just ok. I predict that they will round out the bottom three.

As for who is going home tonight. What I could hope would be that Will and Jessica would surprise me and be in the bottom and Jessica go home and Thane (who I think is going home no matter what) so that Comfort and Will will be pared together, not that I think that is a stellar paring but who knows. Comfort and Thane surprised me maybe Will and Comfort will be even better. But if Jessica doesn't go home I think it will be Kourtni.

Now let's end on a positive note. Joshua and Katee. WOW! Their second number was ok. But the first number blew me away. I loved it. That Mia Michaels knows what she is doing. The intensity, the powerful movements. I was with Napoleon, that assisted run was so amazing and the jump and stop thing that Tabitha talked about ... WOW again WOW. I loved and I hope that you do too.

2 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

We are on the same page for most of the dancers. I love Katee!!!! Kherington kind of bugs me too but I'm not sure why. I don't like Comfort. She seems fake and doesn't seem like an appealing person. I like Will, Joshua, & Gev. But my absolute favorites are Chelsea and Mark. Holy moly they love to dance and you can tell!!! I'm glad you love this show as much as I do!!!!

Elizabeth said...

So I was right about Kourtni but oooh so wrong about my sure pick Thane. He was safe and they sent Matt home instead. What a crazy world. Keep posted for next week. Can't wait to shake and bake some more! :) (Ha! I crack myself up)