Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Second Chance...

So at the beginning of last night's show after the whole name calling thing Cat points out that there were only 9 dancers and asks "did anyone notice who was missing" and honestly I did not know. I was like ummm hint please. Come on out with it Cat. So it was Jessica. Hmmm no wonder I didn't even notice. So she broke her ribs sometime ago and finally went to the doctor and she has to sit it out for the next four weeks. That is sad. Cause honestly she would have been eliminated tonight either way so whatever. But the surprise, surprise news is that they bring back Comfort. She is one lucky chica. She is excited and blown away and really so is America. Ok well good luck Comfort let's get on with the show.

First I will talk about the couples and then the solos. So as SYTYCD veterans you will know that now that we are down to the top 10 partners change every week. Kinda exciting! First up Courtney picks Joshua. Their first number was good I liked it but the second number was so fun. I thought (especially Joshua) was amazing. That was a seriously fun dance.

Next up my not-so-favorite-girl and my favorite guy and ummm what just happened? It was actually painful to watch. Two-step ... who knew that was the dance that would crush Kherington and Mark. But it was bad. And painful. Even Nigel said he was willing it to be over so it could end for them. Not good. Then their second dance was ok, Nigel hit it when he said it was technically great but after you checked off all the boxes you were still feeling blah. I think Mark does an awesome job when he is given a character or a story something to play up but when Tyce said just dance (I got nervous right then!).

Twitch and Comfort umm doing ballroom? Oh boy. The judges were not impressed but I was ... I thought they did a really respectable job. They are hip hop people. Anyway I did not think the judges harshness was called for ... BUT their second dance hip hop with Dave ouch! That was so cool. I loved seeing two excellent hip hoppers gettin' buck. Wow did I just write that it doesn't seem right but you SYTYCDers know what I am talkin' about ... It was WAY good.

Now onto some real awesomeness. Katee and Will. Talk about a match made in dance heaven. They are both such amazing and strong dancers. I loved both of their numbers but the Broadway number for me was the best. It was so fun and lively. Loved it. The Pasa du was great as well. They are amazing.

And to round it all out Chelsie and Gev. I really liked their numbers as well. The judges were a little hard on Gev but I think they really pulled it out. Gev and Chelsie are both so dang cute. And that Jive whoa Chelsie but Gev kept it up ... he was there he did it! I liked it.

Now to the solos. I think it is hard to make predictions from solos but I will just say that I thought Chelsie, Gev, Mark, Twitch, Katee, Will and Joshua hit their solos right on. (yes that is all five guys - I love them all!) The others were ok. No one was bad but at this stage no one should be.

So who do I think America will send home. Sadly I think Comfort's number is up again. Poor girl. And I think Kherington and Courtney will be in the bottom with her. As for the guys your guess is probably better than mine. I think the bottom might be Mark, Gev and Twitch ... no Will ... no Joshua ... no I have no idea ... with who going home? I have no idea. Maybe ... Mark?

Let's all tune in tonight to see who gets cut... Oh and I talked with some friends and we are going to get tickets and have a girls night out and go see the tour. Should be some serious fun!

No comments: