Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ooh ooh Bollywood


Tonight's show was kinda hmmm for me. The blatant sexuality is getting my nerves, hey I am all about passion give me some passion but pure sex no thanks. I read a blog that joked that the numbers should have been 900 numbers instead of 888 because the sexuality was so ... well sexual. And what on earth was Mia wearing on her head? I love this woman, she is brilliant but she should fire her stylist because that was just wrong.

Ok sorry for the rant onto the show. First up was Chelsie and Mark and I love them. Their first number was hot (and yes a little sexual but not over the top at least I didn't think so...) The judges were a little hard on Mark, what do they expect perfection? But were all joy and gladness for Chelsie which I thought was justified. Their second numbers was fun too. As much as I love them they are my favorites neither number was a rush out and post it on my blog number I actually think they might be in trouble. Which makes me very sad and very scared.

Comfort and Thane, poor Comfort and Thane. The thing is the judges were seriously harsh but I didn't think it was that bad. Granted the chemistry is not there but they danced it. Thane who isn't a bopper danced it and it seemed only Mia had words of encouragement. There second attempt though was just as bad and Nigel said it, the choreography was beautiful I wanted to see someone else dance it. Chelsie and Mark or Katee and Joshua wow that would have been amazing. They are definitely in trouble.

The judges and I really disagreed about Will and Jessica. The hot Tyce number that was WAY over the top I thought and where were their clothes? I don't think the judges even talked about the dance they were just all hot and bothered. I didn't like it. I thought Will was amazing (per usual) and I guess Jessica carried her own but it wasn't all that and a bag of chips like the judges seemed to think. And the second number was worse. Mia got it right when she said Will just looks tired of carrying Jessica and that he needs a new partner. Wow I was thinking it but telling them right to their faces ... ouch! If I were Jessica I would be packing my bags. But then I thought about it and once in the top ten they change partners every week so maybe she doesn't have to be worried. ... Maybe ...

I have always liked Courtney and Gev, not loved but liked but this week I think they were the only couple that gave two consistent, great dances. They are really cute. They just work well together and have a very natural chemistry.

Krump. I know it is supposed to be cool but I just don't like it so I was trying to look past the dance and look at the dancers and I thought Twitch was amazing but again the judges were all praise for Kherington and she totally messed up and all her steam went out about half way through the dance both Nigel and Mia ignored it (that was their own word for looking past her mistake) and said she did a great job. Why? Why does she get a 'good job Kherington' when Mark gets slammed for not keeping his frame and poor Comfort and Thane are ripped to shreds. I don't get the judges sometimes. But on their second number I thought they were, sadly, spot on. There was no chemistry and it was like they both gave up, maybe they were both just really tired from Krumping?

Last Katee and Joshua. The judges didn't seem to like their waltz but I did (course I am not a professional dancer) but I thought it was really beautiful. Katee has amazing lines. But the Bollywood dance that was so fun. I am really glad they put it on the show cause it was fun.

So my predictions. I think Comfort and Thane are for sure in the bottom. I can't see who would save them so it might be curtains. Rounding out the bottom is a harder deal I think Jessica and Will but the judges will save Will immediately. I wonder if they will give Comfort one more chance and send Jessica packing. As for the third couple in the bottom. I think whomever it is will be safe ... I hope because I think it might be Chelsie and Mark. Here is hoping that it isn't as they are my favorites...




1 comment:

Katie Anderson said...

I have only watched the first half of the show so I we will talk tomorrow about the whole show, but here is my take on the first half...I love Marc and Chelsie. They are so fun and seem like genuinely nice people. I thought the the judges were soft on Kherington...I think she forgot a part and that's why she looked "tired". If they are going to have a high standard then they better be hard on her too. I love, love, love Katee and Joshua! Their first number was so fun. She is my absolute fave! I thought the music for Will and Jessica's dance was weird. I didn't think it was bad but I didn't get it like the judges "got it". I won't talk about Comfort and Thayne because she kind of bugs me and I'm biased. I'll call you tomorrow after I've watched the second half and the results! LOVE YOU TONS!!!! MISS YOU TONS!!!!