Friday, May 9, 2008

Single Adult Conference


I am going with some friends to the SLC single adult conference next weekend. Sam is spending a lovely Saturday with his favorite Utah cousins, Cambridge, Parker and Addison. The conference should be pretty fun. The key note speaker is Ricky Shroder (yes the boy of Silver Spoons fame that grew up to be a NYPD Blue detective) and yes he is a member of the Church. I had no idea. So it should be fun.

The first conference the key note was Glen Beck which was very entertaining and more importantly spiritual. There are workshops, lunch, a service project and then a dance. I am not so sure about the dance part but I will go with the flow. There is speed dating which I have done once and it was fun so I am going to give it another shot. My opinion about these things is they are what you make them. I trust it will be fun, therefore it will be fun.

So if you have any single friends (other than me ... he, he) over 30 send them to this website http://www.slc-sa.org/conference and they can get more info about the conference. Oh it is May 17 which is a Saturday but there is also a devotional on Sunday and some other things leading up to the event.

Wish me luck and hopefully I will meet someone as cute as Ricky Shroder...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with Glenn Beck! I watch him all the time! OOhhh you're so lucky!! You'll have to tell me how it is. Have fun!!

Blake and Meg said...

Hey Liz!!

Let's make a blogger template for you too. By the way, your little boy is such a cutie! I love looking at all your pictures. Do you think he's too old for Molly? lol.

Love,
Meg