Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knife Clasp

So I went to the chiropractor. Come to find out that I have a deformity called Knife Clasp. I was born with it ... apparently. Anyway the lowest vertebrae is missing a part and the one above grew an extra long piece so when I bend backward the extra long piece sticks through my spin and hits my spinal cord causing pain. Fun huh. No more back bends for me. That is why it is called Knife Clasp because it hurts like a knife. So I guess when I say my back hurts I am not kidding. He said that it will only get worse as I get older. But that he can help me get back to almost 100% and then have a good place to start from. I'm young. I'm spry. So I have several appointment this week and then two weeks of two and I will learn some stretches and stuff and then once a month for a while until he gets it fixed as much as it can be fixed. Then we got to have the dreaded weight conversation. That is one of my favorite conversation. Like I don't know that I am overweight. Well now I had added motivation to get healthy. Knife in the back. Good motivation.

3 comments:

Dede said...

I knew that your back hurt but didn't know it was as bad as it is.
I'm so sorry. Hope you start to feel better soon. Love you.

Katie Anderson said...

I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself, woman!!!! No more knives in the back!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that women our age are still considered "spry" heehee : )
Hope you get the knives out soon. That doesn't sound like any fun at all! So wow, all this time you've had this "condition" all along. The body is amazing. You're in my prayers!!