Friday, June 12, 2009

Three Hot Dogs and a Cemetery

Ok random. So Kacy, Andrea and I decided that it would be fun to go to the cemetery. There is a HUGE cemetery in the avenues. So after work last week while Sam was at his dad's house we grabbed some hot dogs a Slurpee and walked to the cemetery.





I must say that we had a pretty good time. We were cracking each other up taking pictures with our cell phones. Then we noticed this creepy girl was across the street taking pictures of us eating hot dogs underneath the cemetery sign. We asked her if she wanted us to move and she said, "no, just taking pictures." Of what exactly? Us? Eating hot dogs? It was creepy. Or maybe it was because we were at a cemetery. I don't know. Then we walked around. It is a beautiful place. We saw several headstones of president's of the LDS Church and pioneers.


I took Sam back a couple of days later. He loved looking at all the headstones. Some of the really old ones are very pale in color and he asked me "why did they make the headstone out of soap?" Sam also said it felt very peaceful and quiet. I thought so too.

4 comments:

Kleinhenz Family said...

Cemetaries are some of my favorite places on earth. They are fixing up an old cemetary here in Centralia and we go to it frequently just to see all the progress. there are people buried from the civil war in this cemetary. Wish I had been there!

Dawna said...

Lots of my mom's family is buried there. In fact there is even a space for me so if I died tomorrow, that's probly where I would be buried! Would you visit me and sweep my grave??? Also, will you be my date for the mission reunion if you don't already have one?

ALYN said...

I went to that cemetery at least twice on the mission. Maybe once was with you?

Elizabeth said...

Dawna I would LOVE to be your date. Now I am even more excited about the reunion. (And yes of course [eye roll] I would sweep your grave :) ....)

Alyn I never went to the cemetery when I was on the mission. I wish I had it is an amazing place.

Paze I wish you had been there too.