Monday, June 23, 2008

I"m a Chicken

So I was telling the story of Sam and the stitches adventure to my Sunday School class because every week they ask me at the end of class for a "Sam Story" and I mentioned a part that I previously left out and they all said I had to write it down so I am writing it down here...

While we were waiting for the doctor to come back and put the stitches in I was trying to calm Sam by telling him funny (and yes exaggerated stories) of my dad's many broken, bashed, and bruised body parts. Which Sam thought was pretty fun. Then Sam asked me if I had ever had stitches and I said, "No, because I am a Chicken." Sam looked up at me with those big green eyes, put his hand on my arm and said, "No, Mom, you are not a chicken, you are a people."

I laughed. It was funny!

Oh and if you recall his stitches adventure happened on Thursday. On Sunday we went to my brother's house and Sam climbed up onto of his cousins playhouse and jumped off. I told him this was very much like the action that got him stitches in the first place ... and do you know what he told me! "It didn't hurt that bad." Next time I am not going to let them numb the area before the stitches and then maybe he will think before he leaps!

6 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

He is very perceptive...you are not a chicken but a people! Love the kid!!!! His stories always put a smile on my face!

Anonymous said...

Classic!! I laughed outloud! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very funny! It seems like Sam keeps you very busy. Isn't it fun!?

Dede said...

Your stories about broken bones are probably true!!!! Ditto to what Katie said.

Dede said...

Oh, and you did have staples in your head. They thought it was better than stitches. Sooooooo....

Anonymous said...

Well said.