Friday, May 28, 2010

Laughter

I love to laugh. I mean who doesn't. Today at work my co-workers had me in stitches. I was dying. Then the phone rang. I answered "So and So's office this is Liz". They said "hello, this is (insert prominent person's name here). I said "I'm good. How are you?" To which he laughed and said fine. After I got off the phone I said "I am a dumb." I guess when I laugh a lot my brain gets mushy.


I am just in one of those moods.


I need to go home and watch Monty Python

















or Clue.


















"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

"Laughter is inner jogging." ~ Norman Cousins

"Shared laughter creates a bond of friendship. When people laugh together, they cease to be young and old, teacher and pupils, worker and boss. They become a single group of human beings." ~ W. Lee Grant

"I was irrevocably betrothed to laughter, the sound of which has always seemed to me to be the most civilized music in the world." ~ Peter Ustinov

"May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility." ~ Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

3 comments:

Dede said...

Clue gets my vote!!! I love to laugh, loud and long and clear and the more you laugh hee, hee, hee. The more........Oh, no. I can't remember the rest of it.

Susan said...

My normal greeting at work is "Thank you for calling support this is Susan how can I help you"

Today I found myself saying "Thank you for calling support this is Susan how can you help me?"

Not sure if the customer picked up on that or not. They just went right into their question.

Magen said...

That's so funny! Monty Python gets my vote. :) I once called someone and after I left the message I said "In the name of ...". You get the idea. It was so embarrassing.