Monday, January 5, 2009

Nightmare on Christmas

I do not watch scary movies. I just don't. First of all I live alone with my son, no big bad man to keep me safe in the dark night. Second, I have an overactive imagination. Third, I am a wimp. So a couple nights before Christmas I had put Sam to bed and decided to go downstairs and change the laundry from the washer to the dryer (I know Marie it was a miracle I remembered!). I go downstairs and decide to not turn on any lights but the light in the laundry room because I am stupid. Anyway, I hear Sam sneaking down the stairs. I put the laundry in the dryer and prepare to be scared by Sam because that is one of his favorite things to do. I go out of the laundry room and Sam is standing in the dim hallway then very kids-in-the-Shining-like points with his thumb at our front door and says, "someone is at the door"....

Remember no lights on. I walk slowly towards Sam peak my head around the corner to look at our front door. It is WIDE open and a dark shadowy person is standing in the doorway.

I actually died for a moment. My heart stopped beating, blood stopped flowing, and no air filled my lungs. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life!

Then my Relief Society president said, "It is just me..." just me my foot. Then I walk towards the door. She tells me Sam let her in and I turn to glare at him but she says he did look out and he does know her. Blah, blah ... I am getting a lock that he cannot reach so he can NEVER open the door again. She gave me whatever it was that she was going to give me (I cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and left.

I got Sam back to bed. I think he might have been half asleep anyway. And then sat trembling in my bed for hours. I slept with the light on that night.

Yet another reason to not watch scary movies...

7 comments:

Dede said...

Go and buy a lock today. That was a scary story!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That freaks the crap out of me just reading it!!! I'm glad you're safe! Maybe next Christmas will be less exciting! =)

Kleinhenz Family said...

The whole "kids opening the door thing" has happened so many times that even my friends know to tell my kids to go get me because they know my kids will be in HUGE trouble if they open the door. I am suprised you didn't scream!

Elizabeth said...

I couldn't scream. I was dead!No air, no screaming :)

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!! Glad you're okay (darn RS president for being nice and bring "something" over!) haha

Katie Anderson said...

I think it's genetic because I'm a wimp too, no scary movies for us! I sleep with the light on when Joey isn't home, it's okay!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

My hubby thinks it's "funny" to scare me when I don't know he's around. Aren't those moments sooo much fun. I hope you're doing well! Jess