Monday, October 8, 2007

Downed Powerlines...

This was an interesting morning. I drove up to Sam school and as I was walking up the path all the of students and teachers were exiting the building. I knew something was up because they were carrying out all the babies which they don't usually play outside with babies on a cool autumn morning. I spotted Sam's teacher and she said the smelled burning plastic in the building and so they were evacuating. As we were talking another teacher came up and said they were evacuating across the street because there were downed powerlines across the playground at the back of the school. We helped get the other children across the street and watched as the fire trucks arrived. They still don't know how or why the powerlines were down(At least as of right now). So fortunately grandma was home and Sam went to spend the day with her. Her power was out because of the downed lines so they went to play at my house but I just learned her power is on so they are going to go swimming. I tell you what Sam is going to pray for downed power lines every day if on his days off he gets to play at home and go swimming. That was our excitement for the morning. I hope they get it all worked out before tomorrow because grandma has to work tomorrow and I really do to. (It has been very busy in my office since the past weekends annoucements...)

Well to finish off the craziness of the day I got a flu shot and my arm is sore. Ouch!

No comments: