Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinteresting

I discovered Pinterest. It's like Columbus discovering America. The site is amazing and interesting and oh so fun. I found this quote "comparison is the thief of joy" (on Pinterest) and I wanted to make sure that I utilize Pinterest and enjoy it without allowing it to steal my joy. Thusly.

I decided to take something I find on Pinterest and use it - weekly. Whether it is making a scrumptious recipe or trying out a craft (which would be fun to watch, seriously me and crafts are like vinegar and water) or attempting a new and improved cleaning method or even (gasp) undertake a new exercise routine - I am going to USE my new knowledge not abuse my curiosity and interest in clothes or perfect homes.

So sit back and enjoy my "Pinetersting Experiment"

Experiment 1

Success! I tried the Over Baked Parmesan Seasoned Fries http://playwithsugar.blogspot.com/2009/07/oven-baked-parmesan-seasoned-fries.html. Holy Toledo! In a word - YUM. Even my child who is notoriously fickle about his fries asked me to make these delicious spuds again. Practically fool proof too, as I mentioned on Facebook, I was half way through baking - yes baking these little tots are good for you! - when I realized I forgot the Parmesan, truly a disaster as they are called oven baked PARMESAN fries. I pulled the tuber sticks out of the oven dumped the whole thing back into the Ziploc bag I used to get the other seasoning on the fries, added the parm and placed back in the oven. Even with my culinary skills these little darlings made this Idaho Potato smile. This recipe is now on our permanent love list.

Additional Note: I made this again last night and they were even better than the first time!

Experiment 2

Disaster! Here are the exact directions: Section hair into 5-10 big sections then braid each in a loose braid. Run a flat iron over each braid, let them cool down, spray hairspray and undo braids. Okay I don't know if I don't braid correctly or if my hair is just too short but my hair was kinky and frizzy and out of control, except on the top of my skull which was stick straight. I looked like the Mad Hatter without his hat!

Short guy was like whoa, what did you do to your hair! Fortunately I had plenty of time to straighten it before work! Now, I wouldn't dismiss this as it is highly likely that this was operator error but I don't think I will try it again.

Experiment 3

Indifferent. Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken. Eh. http://slow-cooker.recipes-network.net/smothered-chicken.html

I wasn't impressed but I didn't gag it up either. Chicken is always good in the slow cooker because it is so moist and just falls apart. I love that! But the combo of soups and flavors was just, well like I said, eh. The boy ate a couple bites and then proceeded to create his butter and salt rice creation. If I don't watch carefully he will dump WAY to much salt on it. I think I will move on to a different slow cooker chicken recipe. Call me a website snob but I also thought the website looked a bit amateurish. Not that I could do any better but I would figure it out if I was pandering to the masses.

I am excited to try my next Pinteresting Experiment. I think I will try 'healthy' banana bread - sounds mildly frightening. And a craft - sounds terrifying!

No comments: