Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shots

Yesterday I took Sam to the doctor for his check up and we read a great book about germs and why it is important to get vaccines which turned out to be a good idea since he ended up having FOUR shots. Poor kid. When the doctor told me I told Sam he was getting shots and that it would sting a bit but he would be ok and he looked right at me and said, "I am not afraid." After the doctor left to go get the shots Sam said, "Remind me again about germs." He didn't even shed a tear. He was so brave. And I was so proud. The doctor told him he was a very brave little boy and he was proud of him. Later I took him back to his daycare center and as he was waiting to go into his classroom a little boy ran right into him ... and the kid who survived four shots burst into tears. It was so sad. But I stayed and we ate lunch together and he was fine. Later he played at his soccer game. He is such a star.

No comments: